The FIRST BASE FOUNDATION and CALIFORNIA WARRIORS TEAMS were founded in 2003 with the mission to provide student athletes equal opportunity to pursue higher education and play college baseball regardless of race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic background. We created the California Warriors High School Summer Baseball Program as a way to develop raw talent in an inclusive and empowering environment. As a 501(c)3 non-profit (EIN #: 37-1499235), FBF is a mission-driven foundation dedicated to making travel baseball more affordable, transforming lives through positive mentorship, and combating inequality by providing a healthy space for student athletes of different socioeconomic backgrounds to interact with one another.
- Since 2003 the First Base Foundation has provided financial assistance to 35% of participating families who are unable to shoulder the cost of summer baseball.
- FBF provides an opportunity to be seen by college baseball coaches and to understand the College Recruitment Process.
- 100% of California Warriors participants graduate high school and attend college and/or play in MiLB
- California Warriors coaches train players in the subtleties of the game and skills required to be a good baseball player.
- 26 California Warriors Alumni are playing D-I, 6 are playing D-II, 13 are playing D-III, 15 are at Junior Colleges, and 2 are at NAIA colleges.
- 29 California Warriors Alumni have played or are currently playing Minor League Baseball.
- FBF provides employment opportunities in the front office and as coaches along with offering a Summer Opportunity Program and a Coach Development Program emphasizing job training in the office and on the field, interpersonal communication, and leadership skills.
- 85 youth interns have participated in the Summer Opportunity Program.
- 22 CaliWarriors Alumni have been trained in the Coach Development Program.
- 6 California Warriors alumni are working as college coaches, 1 is working as a high school coach, and 4 are employed in Major League Baseball front offices.
The California Warriors Teams are supported in part by the generous contributions that local businesses have made to the First Base Foundation. If your business is interested in sponsoring a player or team, please get in touch with First Base Foundation Executive Director, Marilyn Jackson, using the button below.