The FIRST BASE FOUNDATION and CALIFORNIA WARRIORS TEAMS were founded in 2003 with the mission to provide student athletes equal opportunity to pursue higher education and play college baseball regardless of race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic background. We created the California Warriors High School Summer Baseball Program as a way to develop raw talent in an inclusive and empowering environment. As a 501(c)3 non-profit (EIN #: 37-1499235), FBF is a mission-driven foundation dedicated to making travel baseball more affordable, transforming lives through positive mentorship, and combating inequality by providing a healthy space for student athletes of different socioeconomic backgrounds to interact with one another.
- We have provided financial assistance to student athletes since 2003
- 20% of California Warriors student athletes received scholarships
- 100% of California Warriors student athletes graduate high school and attend college and/or play in MiLB
- All California Warriors Coaches are alumni of the program
- We have trained 22 California Warriors alumni to be coaches in the California Warriors Coach Development Program
- 8 California Warriors alumni are working as high school coaches. 4 California Warriors alumni are working as college coaches in Division I programs, and 3 are employed in Major League Baseball front offices
- 28 California Warriors Alumni are playing D-I, 6 are playing D-II, 14 are playing D-III, 17 are at Junior Colleges, and 1 is at an NAIA
- 29 California Warriors Alumni have played or are currently playing Minor League Baseball
- We have trained over 83 youth interns in our Summer Opportunity Program and created employment opportunities for many of these individuals
The California Warriors Teams are supported in part by the generous contributions that local businesses have made to the First Base Foundation. If your business is interested in sponsoring a player or team, please get in touch with First Base Foundation Executive Director, Marilyn Jackson, using the button below.